Using the Virtual Lab
You can use the TAMU main campus VOAL (virtual open access lab) for this class from any windows or apple machine.
- What you get
- SAS software
- 1G of diskspace that you can use over the full course. I suggest not putting any sensitive data from projects on this disk, but public data for class is fine.
- What you have to do
- activate your NetID (http://gateway.tamu.edu/)
- Go to https://voal.tamu.edu/ (you have to use IE or Safari)
- Download and install a small software (this should be VERY easy)
- Reboot your computer, and go back to https://voal.tamu.edu/
- Log in with your NetID
- You should get your very own desktop (H: is your 1G of space)
- Click on the start button, and type in ‘sas’ in the find programs box
- select SAS 9.3 (English)
- For more information
- Main campus help page (24/7/365): http://hdc.tamu.edu/index.php